Saturday 30 June 2007

Maya is 3 weeks old!





Maya turned 3 weeks old yesterday and it is hard to believe that she has only been out of the womb for that short of time. She is growing and growing and LOVES milk...mother's milk that is. She is a breastfeeding champion and now weighs in at 9lbs 11oz!! A whole pound in one week..impressive! She is having some tummy issues in the late evenings and her sleeping is still fractured ( although she slept 7.5 hours last night!) She is unbelievable.

Good news is that I can self express some of my milk into a bottle and she will take it......so, that means, daddy can help in the night. And Mommy can leave the house without worrying that I might starve her to death. For those of you who have not yet experienced this wondrous joy, being cooped up in the house on the front sofa with your boobs out every hour is not beneficial to one's sanity! Thank god for breast pumps! I never thought I would actually write those words.

And this one is for Aunt Madison...( and alison) it looks like she might just be red-head!!!

We are still happy to have BIG MOMMA in the house. She did this four times (although I love my brothers and sisters to death, I cannot imagine her doing this four times!) She is a huge help and Maya will go to sleep for her. Which is a blessing for us, considering her poor little tummy has been hurting her for a few days. I have sworn off anything spicy or that could cause her gas...so no more mexican beans for us!

Daddy is back to work in full force and has not had too much time with his girl, so his evenings are all he has. So, it will be nice when his business partner comes back from his wedding/honeymoon and Paul can enjoy more time with his little girl. Wow, this parenthood thing is hard - how have all of you parents out there balanced the working and kid thing...any hints will be helpful, cause paul is finding it a bit hard, at the moment.

Speaking of Daddys- Big Daddy(my father) arrives in the morning....and Maya will meet the person who gave her the big hands and feet she is now sporting around....I am sure my father will fall instantly in love, as she is soooo adorable and lovable.

More to come...love to all, katherine
ps. thank you to my lovely friend Roy Francis, amateur photographer, for the photos!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! Hang in there, guys, we've got Jackson sleeping about ten hours at night now, so some rest will come along soon!

Christi and I can attest to the value of grandmothers and their golden tough of calmness.

We hope to see you guys soon, lots of love from the evans family, bristol branch

Unknown said...

Sorry, I meant to say "golden touch." Oops. -jj

Unknown said...

We are so happy for you all! Please know that our thoughts and prayers are always with you and yours...especially with "Maya the Magnificent."
Can't wait until she makes her Texas debut.