Thursday 21 June 2007

Almost two weeks old & ahh thank heaven for grandmothers!

Little baby Maya is no longer little, she has gained one whole pound, and continues to feed as if she was a shark and the water has just been chummed! Our house is one big feeding frenzy at the moment, as she sucks me dry of mothers milk, I have to keep myself hydrated and fed....i do feel a bit like a production line. Maya seems to enjoying wetting herself twice or three times a day....we do not have enough little 'onesies' to keep her changed. ( Many did not fit her from the beginning becasue she is so long and skinny) And well, the poo has regulated itself into a steady source of merriment.

But all kidding aside, she is so beautiful and starting to keep her eyes open more and more. Her hair sometimes looks blonde and sometimes looks red, so still hard to tell what it will be. She is sooooo healthy and a really a good baby.

I do want to take some time her to commend Paul's mum - Nana....if it was not for her, my breastfeeding coach, I doubt I would have made it thru the 'milk coming in'. As a trained mid-wife, she knew exactly how to keep me going and how to make sure all would be all right and that Maya and I both learned how to feed properly. Nana also took care of me those very fragile first few days. My mother, aka, Big Momma, arrived last Sunday, and she was most welcome. In fact, the minute she walked in, she has barely let go of her first grandchild. Which is fantastic for me, because, all Maya wants from me is Boobs and will not calm down for me at all. She just seems rut like a little piglet. Big Momma quickly learned how to work the british washing machine and work her way round our rather archaic kitchen...she has settled right in.

i do seem to remember my friend Sarah saying that when her parents left after Luca was born - she wept. I will to - i suspect.

It has been a journey and a learning experience for Paul and myself...and well, Maya is obviously in control.

More to come.....love to all, kat

No comments: