Sunday 3 June 2007

waiting


According to the dates of the NHS, our little mini-cooper is officially 10 days late...but we know better. We have always suspected the due date more around the 1st of June or so. So with that in mind things are not too bad, yet. It is a strange period....you are poised on a bridge, waiting to cross over to become parents, never to be able to cross back from whence you came. But you are stuck, in a weird limbo. We are trying to keep ourselves busy;our house is immaculate, a visitation from the Pope could happen and we would be ready. All her clothes and diapers are washed and put away. Her crib, moses basket and Mexican hammock are set up and waiting....we have two changing tables - one upstairs and one down. We just need her to come on out. But alas, she is still elusive.




We had a scan on Friday and there she was...happy is her womb, with all the comforts of home. Her heartbeat was excellent and so was mine. So, all is well.




Stay tuned....hopefully the next blog will have her introduction and first of many photos - I am sure. Her father is a bit of an ametuer phtographer.




Love to you all, katherine

5 comments:

Frankye said...

Wow, you look wonderful! I know you can't wait for your "mini-cooper". We are excited for you both, hope she makes her grand entrance soon.

Love the blog, what a great idea.

Love to you both, Frankye

Judemx said...

Hey Kat,

I just wrote this long comment and then had to register and when I finished my comment had disappeared. Go figure!
You do look absolutely wonderful it is true, and of course you are just absolutely wonderful and actually one of the most wonderful women I have ever know. Now don't go pushing that girl out too soon because she can wait a couple more days and arrive on my birthday the 5th so we can be tocaƱos de signos, or something like that.

I am going to spend my birthday in Cuba, and am taking Rob and Lupita and Wood with me. We will be back on the 12th so I hope to see that you and Paul have made it through a wonderful birthday and are bouncing the baby girl on your knees.

If you want to contact me while I am traveling I am at paradisejude@yahoo.com for the time being.

I send you both big hugs,

Judith

Unknown said...

Hello darlings,

its seems that 'mini-cooper' is not in a hurry to get out of her warm and tranquil place, she will do everything in her own time, just like her Mum. I am so excited for you both and wish you a comfortable and easy birth. Cant wait to meet her. Stay in touch and best of luck. xxxxxxx
Lots of love from Kate.

Unknown said...

Dear Wonderful Humans:

I adore the picture and the blog site. I also have great admiration for Baby Cooper who has already learned that well behaved women never make an impact in the world. She is already setting her own rules! We are sending all our love and positive thoughts to you both to aid in a wonderful debut of Her Royal Highness.

"Soon to be Great" Aunt Alice

Frankye said...

She is as beautiful as her name!

Love from one of the greats,
Frankye